Full Job Description
PURPOSE: Responsible for the direct supervision of adults with developmental disabilities in their homes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise, feed, and dress residents who by reason of mental impairment need supervision and provide companionship services to such residents.
· Assist residents with personal hygiene care, including clipping nails, brushing teeth, washing hair, bathing, dressing, and related health and hygiene needs as determined and needed.
· Assist in the supervision of residents in their training and social activities as assigned.
· Review and record the progress of each resident and report observations to the supervisor.
· Supervise residents to minimize safety hazards at all times.
· Accompany residents outside the home as needed to ensure safety.
· Serve as a positive role model for residents.
· Assist in the implementation of individual program plans.
· Assure that the bedrooms, bathrooms, and common living areas are sanitary and clean. (Residents and/or cleaning staff are primarily responsible for cleaning the facilities; Residential Personal Attendants may not spend any more than 20% of their working hours in household cleaning or activities other than supervising, monitoring, feeding, or caring for residents.)
· Provide transportation when necessary.
· Assist residents with self-administered medications and keep accurate records in accordance with state requirements. Residential Personal Attendants may never give medications to residents and are not to perform regularly any other medical or quasi-medical duties such as taking pulses, monitoring blood sugars, taking vital signs, etc. (In cases of emergency, such as where CPR is required, Residential Personal Attendants may take a resident’s pulse and engage in any other activity for which they are trained as called for by the emergency.)
· Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Be knowledgeable of Title 17 and Title 22 regulations.
· Work in other Clausen House homes as needed and be willing to work different shifts when required.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Minimum High School diploma
· Minimum one year of experience preferred working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferably in a residential setting.
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license and the ability to drive residents in a Clausen House vehicle if required.
· Ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certification.
· Willingness to undergo a DOJ criminal records clearance, health screening, and TB test.
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
· Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule and assignments.
· Ability to become certified as a Direct Support Professional within one year of hire.
- Endurance – Moving About: Frequently
- Endurance-Overall Strength: Some sedentary work. Bending, lifting, and squatting, with objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Must be able to assist residents with physical impairments. Exerts force and or lifts or carries objects weighing up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Location: Inside/Outside – Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from weather conditions and temperature changes.
- Stairs/Steps: Daily – Occurs on every shift. Ascend and descend stairs
Benefits include Medical (Kaiser), Delta Dental, VSP Vision, 401 K, EAP, vacation, and sick time.
All are encouraged to apply.
Clausen House is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All staff are required to wear masks, social distance, and pre-screen upon entering all Clausen House facilities.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR/ First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.