Clausen House – Oakland, CA
- Develop, implement and evaluate a needs-based adult education curriculum.
- Ensure compliance with Title 17 and 22 regulations and conduct quality assurance and program evaluation reviews of the adult education program.
- Monitor program performance against both quality and financial goals.
- Manage human resource functions for staff assigned to the program and ensure timely performance evaluations are conducted
- Function as liaison with families, RCEB, and other entities
- Ensure that student’s medications are correctly dispensed, stored, and documented according to Title 22 regulations and program procedures
- Identify staff development opportunities for staff and arrange for internal and external training
- Develop and accurately manage the annual budget and ensure monthly billing is at the maximum possible
- Lead weekly staff meetings
- Maintain the integrity of systems established for the program
- Assist with resolving student-related crises and conflict
- Represent the department on committees as requested by the Director of Program Services
- Ensure that ISPs are current and schedule ID team meetings accordingly
- Manage special assignments
· Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills that are results-oriented
· Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects demonstrating the application of effective critical thinking and decision making skills
· Advanced degree in human services, education, counseling, or other related disciplines.
· Knowledge of, and experience in current trends and practices in the assessment, training, and education of individuals with developmental disabilities
· Demonstrated track record of managing successful program/s, preferably for individuals with developmental disabilities. Solid knowledge of Titles 17 and 22 regulatory standards and ability to apply them to policies and procedures.
· Experience in developing and managing organizational systems and policies.
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license and willingness to drive own vehicle and Clausen House vehicles on company business.
· Willingness and ability to travel to various locations in the general Bay area to attend meetings and functions on behalf of Clausen House.
· Willingness to work flexible hours on a limited basis in order to attend evening meetings and to meet with external entities.
· Ability to obtain Department of Justice Criminal Clearance
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Competent in utilizing Office based software applications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Endurance – Moves about frequently
- Endurance-Overall Strength: Some sedentary work. Bending, lifting, and squatting, with objects weighing up to 10 lbs or more. Exerts force and or lifts or carries objects weighing up to 10 pounds or more occasionally.
- Location: Inside/Outside – Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from weather conditions and temperature changes.
- Stairs/Steps: Ascend and descend stairs, steps, or similar uneven surfaces to access any required work area or other areas related to functioning in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 per hour
About Clausen House:
Founded in 1967, Clausen House is a registered charitable 501(c)(3) institution that provides housing, wellness programs, and advocacy for developmentally disabled adults in Oakland and the surrounding East Bay area. Our clients are adults challenged by autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and other intellectually and developmentally disabling conditions.
We currently support 200 adults with developmental disabilities, and indirect support to their families in Oakland and throughout Alameda County. We deliver a life-enhancing array of services that enables our clients to live, work, socialize, and thrive to their fullest potential. Our dedicated staff of over 60 professionals delivers services that include housing, independent and supported living, supported employment, adult education, and social recreation.
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.