Clausen House – Oakland, CA
We are seeking a Residential Health Services Coordinator to join our team!
Responsible for monitoring client’s health through coordination with Residential Administrators and schedule medical, dental, therapy appointments accordingly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document requests of healthcare received.
- Maintain preventive health care records for each individual to ensure they receive recommended tests and procedures relative to their age, medication, and medical history.
- Maintain medical records in compliance with titles 17 & 22, and update emergency annually.
- Ensure clients’ health care needs are in compliance with Titles 17 & 22 and update emergency annually.
- Oversee prescription – ordering system for three residential homes.
- Provide direct support to clients as needed, supplementing residential staff responsibilities.
- Inventory and order food and hygiene supplies within budget. Identify discrepancies in what was ordered versus what is on hand to track theft and waste.
- Provide transportation for clients to various appointments and other destinations in personal and Clausen House vehicle.
- Serve as a positive role model for consumers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum High school Diploma
- Experience providing services to developmentally disabled adults.
- Ability to obtain certification as a Direct Service Professional within 1 year of employment.
- Training in First Aid and CPR, general health, and familiarity with the diagnosis of various developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge and compliance with Title 17 and Title 22 regulations.
- Possession of a valid California Driving License and the ability to transport residents in a Clausen House vehicle.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organization skills.
Full-time position 32-40 hours per week with a rate of $20.00 per hour with health benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, and employee assistance program.
All are encouraged to apply.
Clausen House is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
About Clausen House:
Founded in 1967, Clausen House is a registered charitable 501(c)(3) institution that provides housing, wellness programs, and advocacy for developmentally disabled adults in Oakland and the surrounding East Bay area. Our clients are adults challenged by autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and other intellectually and developmentally disabling conditions.
We currently support 200 adults with developmental disabilities, and indirect support to their families in Oakland and throughout Alameda County. We deliver a life-enhancing array of services that enables our clients to live, work, socialize, and thrive to their fullest potential. Our dedicated staff of over 60 professionals delivers services that include housing, independent and supported living, supported employment, adult education, and social recreation.
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.