Human Resources Manager
Nonprofit Organization – Oakland, CA
$30.00 an hour
Human Resources Manager
· Provide support to employees by interpreting and administering Human Resource policies and procedures in order to solve problems, increase employee productivity and promote morale.
· Provide support and consultation to managers on employee relation issues.
· Update and implement personnel policies and procedures to ensure compliance with law and Clausen House practices at least annually and whenever warranted
· Conduct new hire orientation and paperwork.
· Manage the agency grievance resolution process.
· Administer benefit plans, manage open enrollment, and answer benefit inquiries.
· Manage annual workers’ compensation audit activities.
· Manage all agency FMLA, CFRA, and disability leaves.
· Manage unemployment claims and reporting.
· Oversee all HR staff
· Oversee new hire MD physicals
· Oversee all new employees fingerprinting.
· Ensure that recruitment and termination procedures are followed and evaluations are completed on time and followed.
· Maintain current employee information in all HR systems.
· Track and maintain all required employee training (residential ARM training tracking)
· Oversee the tracking and communication of all performance evaluations.
· Arrange and provide annual agency HR training (Supervisory harassment training and others).
· Arrange agency First Aid/CPR training
· Arrange and coordinate agency management and all associated HR and compliance training.
· Ensure completion of updated LIC 500 forms and Residential program associations through CCL.
· Provide supporting documentation for annual audit.
· Coordinate company-sponsored employee events and recognition as requested.
· Ensure accuracy of EEOC required data collection.
· Review payroll documents for accuracy and compliance with company policy and labor law.
· Oversee all payroll functions
· Manage worker’s compensation claims process, disability, and unemployment claims.
· Conduct internal investigations and inquiries as needed and directed by ED.
· Serve as the backup payroll processor for bi-weekly payroll.
· Serve on Clausen House Management team, diversity, safety, and other committees as requested.
· Comply with other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Human resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Professional Certification In Human Resources (Preferred)
- SHRM Certification in Human Resources (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.