Clausen House – Oakland, CA
PURPOSE: Direct overall residential services in a group home for developmentally disabled adults.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of clients
· Ensure that IPP goals are being met and Clausen House policies and procedures are complied with.
· Maintain regular communication with Clausen House staff, client’s family members, case managers, and other involved parties.
· Perform assessments of new referrals to determine appropriateness. If accepted, complete required forms and initiate placement procedures.
· Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
· Arrange for professional development of staff.
· Submit reports to Executive Director and regulatory bodies, as required.
· Participate in Clausen House’s management team and other committees, as required.
· Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are in compliance with Community Care Licensing and Department of Developmental Services regulations.
· Monitor and manage controllable expenses such as overtime, telephone, and house supplies.
· Assist clients with banking and budgeting needs.
· Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of developmental disabilities. Serve as an on-call residential supervisor for other residences as needed
· Provide transportation for clients.
· Oversee the health needs of residents and coordinate with Residential Services Coordinator, physicians, pharmacies, and appropriate family members as needed.
· Monitor the physical environment of the assigned house with regard to safety, maintenance, and sanitation and ensure that these areas are addressed in a satisfactory manner.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Special Education, Business, Psychology, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working directly with developmentally disabled individuals, preferably adults.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Residential Administrator certification.
- Knowledge of current practices and trends in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated supervisory and administrative experience combined with knowledge of principles of staff development and motivating others.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license (with a safe driving record), the ability to drive clients to appointments, etc.
- Possession of sufficient physical stamina to assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Able to communicate, both in writing and verbally, in a clear, concise manner.
- Criminal record clearance.
- Obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certificates.
Physical demands and Environmental Conditions
- Endurance – Moves about frequently. Examples include, but are not limited to Moves about the residence to monitor the consumers and conduct inspections. Transports consumers to various community locations.
- Endurance-Overall Strength: Some sedentary work. Bending, lifting, and squatting, with objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Climbing: Daily – Occurs every shift, ascend and descend stairs to make rounds of the building.
- Location: Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from weather conditions and temperature changes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $23.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Clausen House requires all visitors and staff to wear PPE at all times while in Clausen House facilities. Temperature checks upon entry, hands-free hand sanitizing machines, and health screening checks upon entry of all facilities.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Developmental disabilities experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CA ARF Certification (Preferred)
- CPR/ FIRST AID Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.