Social Recreation Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization – Oakland, CA
$16.50 an hour
Residential Social Recreation Coordinator
We have an exciting position for an energetic Social Recreation Coordinator. The Social Recreation Coordinator will work closely with the Residential Administrators and serve as the recreational liason for all three group homes. This specialist will work to ensure all home consumer activities are coordinated and implemented.
Some of the significant aspects of the role include the below tasks:
- Coordinate planning and implementation of social recreational activities including a variety of vacations and ensure the maximum participation of clients in all aspects of programming.
- Ensure publication of all activity community resource information within the homes.
- Distribute options of weekly and monthly activities to the Calendar of events
- Develop and distribute a monthly activity calendar.
- Transport/accompany participants to community activities
- Coordinate and implement annual consumer activity surveys.
- Coordinate and supervise consumer training and social activities as assigned.
- Coordinate and Provide transportation for activities.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and mandatory training.
- Accompany consumers outside the home.
- Be knowledgeable of Title 17 and Title 22 regulations.
- Complete tasks associated with specific tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer literate
- Ability to use the internet and email effectively
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum one year of experience preferred working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferably in a residential setting.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and the ability to drive consumers in a Clausen House vehicle.
- Be in good standing with performance history.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Developmental/Intellectual disabilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR/ First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.