Clausen House – Oakland, CA
Develop Community-based employment opportunities and provide work-related support services to adults with developmental disabilities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist the SE Director in screening and evaluating referrals.
- Process intakes, complete and submit applications in accordance with Clausen House admissions policies and Department of Rehabilitation requirements.
- Complete and update all job development plans for individuals entering the program.
- Develop and teach vocational centered curriculum designed to educate and prepare program participants for job placement.
- Provide pre-placement support services to program participants by creating resumes, submitting online applications, transporting participants to interviews and other tasks as deemed necessary by the Job Developer.
- Create and maintain a monthly training calendar and track attendance and involvement of program participants.
- Coordinate classes and appointments for all pre-placement program participants.
- Meet weekly with Job Developer to discuss progress and potential barriers of persons served.
- Collaborate with case managers, families and other support staff to resolve pre-placement participant issues.
- Conduct and submit situational assessments as requested.
- Provide opportunities for currently employed program participants to increase their knowledge of a variety of work related topics such as job retention, self-advocacy, communicating effectively etc.
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.