Clausen House – Oakland, CA
Develop Community-based employment opportunities and provide work-related support services to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
• Assist the SE Director in screening and evaluating referrals.
• Process intakes, complete and submit applications in accordance with Clausen House admissions policies and
Department of Rehabilitation requirements.
• Complete and update all job development plans for individuals entering the program.
• Develop and teach a vocational-centered curriculum designed to educate and prepare program participants for
• Provide pre-placement support services to program participants by creating resumes, submitting online
applications, transporting participants to interviews, and other tasks as deemed necessary by the Job Developer.
• Create and maintain a monthly training calendar and track the attendance and involvement of program
• Coordinate classes and appointments for all pre-placement program participants.
• Meet weekly with Job Developer to discuss progress and potential barriers of persons served.
• Collaborate with case managers, families, and other support staff to resolve pre-placement participant issues.
• Conduct and submit situational assessments as requested.
• Provide opportunities for currently employed program participants to increase their knowledge of a variety of
work related topics such as job retention, self-advocacy, communicating effectively etc.
• Resolve employer issues and concerns as relayed by Job Coaches, the Job Developer and/or the SE Director.
• Provide job coaching support as requested by the SE Director.
• Assist in scheduling job coaches as instructed by the SE Director.
• Complete and submit in a timely manner all departmental paperwork including monthly job development
reports, job coaching notes, individual progress reports, and other documents as required by Clausen House,
the Department of Rehabilitation, and Regional Centers, etc.
• Participate in agency and employment-related groups, meetings, and trainings.
• Keep the Supported Employment Director apprised of all situations that may be beneficial or detrimental to staff, program
participants, or the agency in general.
• Adhere to policies and guidelines as outlined in the agency, CARF, safety, disaster, and personnel manuals.
• Handle confidential information with discretion and accountability.
• Assume responsibility for the Supported Employment Program in the absence of the SE Director.
• Perform other duties as requested by the SE Director.
• Possession of effective oral and written communication skills in order to perform the tasks and functions as
• Ability to prioritize, think critically, problem-solve, and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Proficient in Windows-based software applications.
• Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, sociology, education, counseling, or related field.
• Minimum of at least 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity providing services to adults with
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, insurance, and willingness to use a personal vehicle to carry
out job responsibilities.
About Clausen House:
Founded in 1967, Clausen House is a registered charitable 501(c)(3) institution that provides housing, wellness programs, and advocacy for developmentally disabled adults in Oakland and the surrounding East Bay area. Our clients are adults challenged by autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and other intellectually and developmentally disabling conditions.
We currently support 200 adults with developmental disabilities, and indirect support to their families in Oakland and throughout Alameda County. We deliver a life-enhancing array of services that enables our clients to live, work, socialize, and thrive to their fullest potential. Our dedicated staff of over 60 professionals delivers services that include housing, independent and supported living, supported employment, adult education, and social recreation.
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.