Clausen House – Oakland, CA
Full Job Description
Supported Living Services Personal Attendant
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM
We are looking for someone who is committed to working/providing personal care support to adults with learning and other various degrees of disabilities.
Our services are flexible and provide focus and emphasis on matters related to the specific needs of each individual in her/his effort toward independent living. Areas typically covered include nutrition, money management, safety awareness, community integration and advocating with medical, housing, and other personal issues.
A successful applicant would have the following characteristics and qualifications:
· A creative, self-directing approach to working with individuals and as a part of a team.
· A commitment to the rights and autonomy of all people, regardless of age, race, sex, sexual preference, style, or other matters related to individual identity.
· A high school diploma and a minimum of two years experience working with a special needs population.
· The use of a personal car, a clean driving record, Valid California Drivers License and automobile insurance a must.
· Availability to work regular/flexible day or evening hours.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows.
· Ability to write and communicate effectively.
· Willingness to undergo a criminal records clearance, health screening and TB test
· CPR Certification
Ability to fulfill all physical requirements related to providing ILS instruction. Specific
Examples include, but are not limited to:
· Endurance/Overall Strength – Move about frequently; sit/stand/walk/drive for a minimum of 7 hours per day. Some sedentary wok. Bending, lifting and squatting, with objects weighing up to 30-50 lbs. Must be able to handle lifting/transferring consumers with physical impairment problems. Exerts force and/or lifts or carries objects weighing up to 50-100 pounds frequently and/or occasionally.
· Climbing: Frequently ascend and descend stairs to make rounds of building and consumer home visits.
· Driving: ability to sit for 1- 3 hours; travel for 100-300 miles in vehicle or on public/private transportation.
- Location: Inside/Outside – Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from weather conditions and temperature changes. Outdoors accompanying consumers to assist with daily chores/activities in the community.
- Stairs/Steps: Frequently – occurs on every shift. Ascend and descend stairs to access any required work area or other areas related to functioning in the workplace.
The pay rate is $16.50/hr. plus monthly mileage reimbursement for travel. Schedules are flexible and the work environment is casual. Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave for full-time employees who work 30 or more hours per week.
Clausen House is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All are required to wear masks, social distance, and screen upon entry of all Clausen House facilities. Clausen House offers testing on-site weekly.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Intellectual Developmental Disabilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
How to Apply
Clausen House has basic requirements for hiring employees Use this form for initial screening. We will contact you after the initial screening is done.